Another week, another recipe! This week I made the Oh She Glow’s Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies and they did not disappoint. This week I am going to drop these cookies off to some friends, but shh don’t tell them I had one!

Once again, the actual baking process was super simple and wasn’t any more complicated than any other typical cookie recipe. What I was yet again faced with though, was the ingredients I didn’t have…and so thus ensued another trip to the grocery store!  I am realizing with each recipe I try there seems to be ANOTHER ingredient that I don’t have, as it hasn’t ever been a staple in my kitchen prior to this experience. This week it was shredded coconut, not an odd ingredient, but just something I don’t normally use as I am the only person in my house who enjoys coconut. Also, who knew there were like 8 different options of shredded coconut at the store? Not me! With this being said, most of the ingredients that I find myself purchasing are ones that would last a long time and would definitely become staples if I continued on this journey. My take-away from the past few weeks is that it would be an investment to switch over your kitchen to using primarily vegan ingredients, but with that being said, it could probably be done in a really slow and financially sustainable way if you weren’t trying to bake through lots of different kinds of recipes in a short period of time like I am!

This weeks recipe is also available on the Oh She Glow’s website and so if you want to make a super simple and delicious cookie recipe, check it out here!

Bye for now,

Jaime

Photo by me – edited using the Lightroom App