A blog to share a bit about me and my journey to become a teacher

Reflection Week 4

This week we had the great experience of meeting with Jeff Hopkins who created PSII. Jeff’s school is based around inquiry, and it was fascinating to listen to him speak about his experiences at this school. As a soon to be educator, inquiry can be quite daunting at times – especially as it was not the norm when I went to school. Jeff said something along the lines of ‘as soon as we start talking about courses people stop thinking about inquiry.’ This strongly resonated with me, as it reminded me that inquiry is so important if we want our students to have a well-rounded education in which they can see the relationships between different aspects of our world, and not view our world as all of these different categories in isolation of one another.

Take a look at Jeff’s TedTalk:

Jeff also brought up the use of Trello within their school, and how this platform allows their students to easily create plans for their inquiry projects, with multiple teachers having easy access to these plans. While my use of Trello has been very minimal up until now, I am becoming more and more interested in it. I currently have a system of organization for my schoolwork, projects etc. that works quite well for me, and so I feel as though I haven’t given Trello a proper attempt because of this. With that being said, I have looked for a digital way to keep track of assignments, lists, etc. and have never found one that I like using, but I feel like Trello may accomplish what I am hoping for. I have just created a new Trello Board essentially for ‘life management’ and I am really curious as to how I will get on with it!

Here is a photo of how I have decided to initially set-up my board:

Bye for now, 

Jaime

« »