Hello everyone!

My name is Jaime, and I am currently completing the Post Degree Program for Elementary Education at the University of Victoria. Prior to this program, I completed a BA in Psychology and I often still pick up psychology literature to read as I love expanding my knowledge about child development.

In regard to teaching, I am passionate about learning how to create inclusive classrooms which take a student-centered approach to learning. This blog is a place where I will share some of my own learning journeys and reflections on things that I am reading/viewing. I am looking forward to this new journey into the world of Educational Technology and all that I have to learn about using technology in the classroom!

A few things about me that are non-school related:

1. I LOVE coffee. My favourite activity is to find a nice local coffee shop and study/read/catch-up with a friend/go for a walk!
  2. I have lived in Victoria my whole life and feel so at peace by the ocean.
  3. I love to cook! Recipes that don’t have a ton of finicky steps and are super flavourful are my favourites – Pad Thai, Curry, Stir Fry’s etc!
  4. I used to only read non-fiction books but recently I’ve been getting into fiction a bit more, and I just joined a book club.

I am looking forward to sharing more of my journey with you on this Blog.

Till next time,

Jaime